The class which can not be instantiated is known as an Abstract Class. This particular article contains the details of an Abstract Class.
The class which cannot be instantiated is known as an Abstract Class. That is, an object of it cannot be created. Hence it must be inherited. Let me cite some of the features of an Abstract Class.
Features of an Abstract Class
1. Abstract Class cannot be instantiated.
2. An Abstract Class must be inherited.
3. It may have Concrete Methods.
4. It may have Abstract Methods.
5. An Abstract Method of an Abstract Class must be overridden.
6. An Abstract Class can only contain Abstract Method.